Wednesday 21st October 2020

Alumni Leave Powerful Message

"A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results". Wade Boggs

Former students Darren Till and Stephen Smith paid a surprise visit to our college on Tuesday 3rd July and treated our students to a master class in MMA and Boxing. They started the day presenting Sports Day Awards in the Year 8 assembly followed by a question and answer session.

Our students asked some excellent questions, one example was Joel:
“Darren what is your biggest weakness?”

Darren:
“Me, and my frame of mind, what I do is 90% in my mind the other 10% is my physical attributes. When I get into the ring I know I can beat anyone no matter who they are or how big they are, the next time you face adversity or think you can’t do something tell yourself you can. I never miss a training session.”

Darren and Stephen also discussed the importance of a healthy, balance diet and their training regimes and nutritional requirements.

The athletes then deliver a PE lesson to our Year 7 and 6th form students demonstrating the art of MMA and boxing.

They athletes were a true inspiration to our staff and students.

Speaking after the visit, Paul Dickinson, Headteacher of the College said, “we are immensely proud of the Alumni of the College. We have so many success stories of outstanding achievement in Sport, the Arts and in Professional life, the college is a wonderful place to learn the discipline it takes to become world class”.

COLLEGE MAGAZINE

  • College Magazine Summer 2015
  • College Magazine Autumn 2014
  • College Magazine Spring 2014
  • College Magazine Winter 2013
  • College Magazine Summer 2013
  • College Magazine Winter 2012
  • College Magazine Summer 2012
  • College Magazine Winter 2011
  • College Magazine Summer 2011
  • College Magazine Winter 2010
  • College Magazine Summer 2010
  • College Magazine Winter 2009