The college accepts private candidates for GCE and GCSE examinations with the following conditions:
- The college accepts 5 candidates per exam season.
- The college accepts entries for awards with written exams only.
- The college cannot accept entries for awards that require coursework, practical or similar units.
- The college charges a £20 administration fee in addition to exam entry fees. Exam entry fees can be found at exam board websites.
- The college reserves to right to refuse entry for any reason.
FURTHER EDUCATION LINKS
University of Liverpool
John Moores University
Liverpool Hope University
Safeguarding is highly effective in the sixth form. Students say that they feel safe and are well prepared for adulthood.
Students value the specialist support provided by the school's pupil support service. The staff in this team pride themselves on seeing every pupil enter the school each day and are vigilant in ensuring that pupils are happy, safe and well cared for.
Pupils spoke positively about their school. They say that they are valued as individuals, are well supported by staff and would recommend the school to others.
Pupils say that bullying is rare at the school. If there is bullying, pupils know how to report it and are confident that it is dealt with by school staff quickly and effectively.
The school's use of the additional funding for disadvantaged pupils is more effective than was the case previously, because of strengthened leadership in this area.
School leaders work effectively with parents, carers and external agencies and act swiftly when required. Referrals are followed up in a robust manner and record-keeping is good.
School leaders have adopted an internet filtering system, which helps keep pupils secure. Pupils know who to report concerns to and how to do this.
Pupils say that they feel safe and are well looked after. Pupils have a clear understanding of the risks which might affect them and how to keep safe, including in e-safety.