Welcome from our Head of Sixth Form
Sixth Form Prospectus
Take a look at our online Sixth Form Prospectus. Packed with information about life in our Sixth Form.
Sixth Form - Make an Application
Here at Archbishop Beck Catholic College we set our standards high. Our aim is to equip our students with the skills, qualifications and work experience to ensure success at University and in future career choices.
We are extremely proud of our academic achievements and are members of a very elite group with a 100% pass rate at both A Level and BTEC National. Our students are highly motivated and very much enjoy their experience here in the Sixth Form.
Our fully wireless, purpose-built Sixth Form Zone is well equipped with new classroom facilities, extensive ICT equipment, large independent study areas and student leisure facilities to enhance their Sixth Form experience.
Students are also offered an extensive enrichment programme with opportunities to undertake NHS placements, Primary school experience, Duke of Edinburgh, British Sign Language courses, CSLA and others. They are directed towards voluntary and weekend opportunities designed to enhance their CVs and contribute positively to the local community.
The staff and students are extremely proud of their Sixth Form and I look forward to welcoming you to our Sixth Form in September.
Our offer to you…..
- Students are able to follow academic routes, vocational routes, or a combination of both to ensure progression into HE/relevant employment.
- All students are placed on suitable qualifications though a rigorous IAG programme that includes both internal and independent external guidance.
- Those students that have not achieved a grade 4 GCSE in English or mathematics continue to follow either a GCSE or stepping stone qualifications to aid progression.
- A full RE programme is incorporated into the students study programme, and supported with external visits and external delivery on the college site.
- Students follow an enrichment programme to support their vocational studies or HE application.
- All Year 12 students complete a one week 'Work Inspiration' programme and take part in employability interviews.
- Full enrichment programme to support the students in preparation for their next steps into HE/work.
- Development of elite sporting academies in basketball, dance, football and mixed martial arts, in which students follow academic/vocational programmes, and outside of the curriculum receive focussed coaching and competitive fixtures.
- The college delivers specific financial services qualifications to most able students from a number of Liverpool schools. This is supported by CISI (Charted Institute of Securities and Investments)
Head of Sixth Form
CLIPS N' QUOTES
A city school today said treating students like adults had helped it take its place among Merseyside's top A-level performers...
...The success at Walton secondary Archbishop Beck, which managed a near perfect 99% pass rate, came as schools across Merseyside toasted another bumper set of results...
...Head of Sixth Form Peter Lynch said encouraging students to lead by example continued to pay off...
...He said: "We treat the students like adults and encourage independent learning as students need to conduct their own research and motivate themselves."
I never thought about going into the sixth form but I'm glad I did. The teachers are great and really help you do your best to succeed.
Provision for students' care, guidance and support is outstanding.
The impact of the school's specialisms can be seen in the excellence of sixth form results in physical education, ICT and business studies.